- New orders for manufactured goods in September, up following two consecutive monthly decreases, increased 1.7 percent. Excluding transportation, new orders decreased 0.2 percent.
- New orders for manufactured durable goods in September, up five of the last six months increased 3.8 percent.
- Shipments of manufactured durable goods in September, up two consecutive months, increased 0.4 percent.
- Unfilled orders for manufactured durable goods in September, up seven of the last eight months increased 0.9 percent.
- Inventories of manufactured durable goods in September, up five of the last six months increased 0.8 percent.
Monday was the annual Iranian celebration of the takeover of the American Embassy in Tehran 34 years ago. Many of the protesters chanted “Death to America” as they burned the American flag. If we had a “death to Iran” day here in the United States, what do you suppose the repercussions would be? Maybe we should. I personally have had it up to here (my neck) with the lack of cojones we display with regard to these scumbags. “Kill ‘em all, let God sort ‘em out”
Third Quarter GDP
The advance estimate of third quarter GDP (there will be two more revisions) was released on Thursday 11/7: the output of goods and services produced by labor and property in the United States increased at an annual rate of 2.8 percent in the third quarter of 2013. That is, from the second quarter to the third quarter. In the second quarter real GDP increased 2.5 percent. The second estimate, based on more complete data will be released December 5, 2013.
Nonfarm payrolls rose 204,000 in October and the payroll count for the prior two months was lifted by a net 60,000. The unemployment rate for October rose 0.1 percentage point to 7.3%. The October job results appear to be consistent with other positive readings on the economy, namely, solid readings from the Institute of Supply Management’s PMI.
- Fast & Furious-providing weapons to criminals leading to a loss of American life. No one held accountable. The president was unaware.
- The loss of 4 American lives at our embassy in Benghazi, Libya. No one held accountable. The president was unaware.
- The IRS targeting conservative political groups for tax-exempt status. No one held accountable. The president was unaware.
- The National Security Administration eavesdropping on the phone calls of American citizens. No one held accountable. The president was unaware.
- The software program created for the Affordable Healthcare Act, at a cost of $650 million and 3 ½ years to perfect, has been unusable to the American people. No one held accountable. The president was unaware.
- Spying on our Allies, Angela Merkel of Germany for one. No one held accountable. The president was unaware.
Although these things go on knowingly between countries all the time, the fact that our president denies knowledge of this is just another sign of his incompetence as the leader of the most powerful country on the planet.
“You can keep your current plan if you want it. Period.”
“You can keep your current doctor. Period.”
Have you or your company been hit by this yet? Any friends, acquaintances? Its coming, believe me. We have all been screwed.
And that’s the way it is….
Have a great weekend and….
Hug your children and grandchildren, tell them you love them.
Buy American made products whenever you can.
Hire a Veteran: they are patriots, honest, hard working, disciplined, loyal and …. They need and deserve our support.
God Bless America