General Activity, New Orders and Shipments Indexes Positive in November
The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia released its November Manufacturing Business Outlook Survey; results suggest that regional manufacturing activity continued to expand. The indexes for general activity, new orders and shipments all remained positive in November.
Business Activity Stabilized in the Empire State Manufacturing Survey
THE Federal Reserve Bank of New York released its Empire State Manufacturing survey for November and reports business activity stabilized in New York State. The headline business conditions index climbed out of negative territory for the first time in four months.
US Raw Steel Retreated Last Week
US raw steel production retreated 1.4 percent last week as mills operated at an ACUR of 66.6 percent. In the corresponding week last year mills operated at an ACUR of 62.7 percent. Thus far this year mills have produced prox 77,000,000 tons versus the prox 78,000,000 tons produced in the like period last year.
It’s a new day America!
The wheels are already turning to reverse course from the progressive oppression we have suffered through the past 8 years. Yes, we WILL make America great again! All the campaign promises actually have a chance to be accomplished. He is focusing on jobs (infrastructure, tax code reform, fair trade etc.), healthcare and border security for starters.
So, do you feel it or is it just me? The election of Trump has caused a collective sigh of relief in the business world and should do the same for our citizens. We need to support our president, encourage him to stick to his promises. Do NOT reach across the aisle to deal with liberals (there are no more Democrats) as they are a cancer on our country, our society and the whole world.
I have been so upbeat all week, the business people I speak with are excited at the prospects for the future…what a wonderful outcome to the election. As we begin to prepare to celebrate Thanksgiving next week we truly have much to be grateful for. The wheels are certainly turning in the right direction.
“MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN”
Have a great weekend…. God bless America!
Buy American made products whenever you can, it’s good for you, good for your friends and neighbors and good for our country.
If you are hiring…try to hire a veteran…. they are loyal, disciplined, hardworking…and they deserve our support.
Remember these tidbits as the election cycle grinds on:
- Fast & Furious-Americans killed by guns supplied to the drug cartels…by the Department of Justice-Eric Holder presiding. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Benghazi: Four Americans killed in an assault described as the result of a viral video. This was proved to be a false narrative. This was in fact, a planned act of terror. The president was clueless. No one even knows where he was as this went down. No one held accountable
- “At this point, what difference does it make?” Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State
- The IRS targeting of conservative groups and individuals. No one held accountable, Lois Lerner is on paid vacation and has refused to testify. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Hillary using a private server for correspondence during her term as Secretary of State against the orders of the president. She thought “it would be more convenient…” Though the records were due when she left office, they were not submitted, subpoenas were issued, which she ignored for two years. Finally, she released 30,000 of some 60,000 alleged emails then she deleted the rest of the emails and will NOT turn over the server for investigation.