American Metal Market 9/11/15: Brace for Stepped-up Competition
US manufacturers should brace for stepped –up competition from foreign companies because the country has become the top target for global manufacturing investments, according to a report from consulting firm McGladrey, LLP.”
International companies are turning to the US as a safe haven for setting up manufacturing operations amid economic fears and challenges elsewhere, particularly in Europe and China.”
The US is seen as a bastion of growth because of its open investment regime, large economy with diverse consumer markets, skilled labor force, predictable regulatory regime and intellectual property protections, adequate infrastructure and new sources of energy. These economic factors are making what is already the world’s largest economy even more attractive. US companies should plan on increased foreign competition for their domestic markets.”
That’s nice…like we don’t have enough problems with imports already. Now they are going to set-up shop here to hammer our domestic manufacturers. Can’t our legislators do something about this?
US Raw Steel Production
US raw steel production rose 2.2 percent last week as mills operated at an ACUR of 72.8 percent. In the corresponding week last year mills operated at an ACUR of 78.6 percent. Thus far this year mills have produced approx. 61,000,000 tons at an ACUR of 72.6 percent, down from the approx. 66,000,000 tons produced in the like period last year.
Where you were on this date 14 years ago?
It was around 9:00am as I recall when the first plane hit the tower…then I watched in awe as the 2nd plane came into view, crashing into the 2nd tower…and America was forever changed. Thank God for our First Responders, those who ran TOWARD the mayhem to help others.
In this day and age, when our first responders are being vilified, shot and murdered, how many more would have died that day? People are assholes.
Please observe a moment of reflection for those whose lives were lost, for your country which was brutally attacked, for peace and freedom, so fragile yet always under fire. We have it here, in the greatest country on earth… we must defend and preserve it.
Speaking of assholes: Saturday morning as I walked Buddy, my nine year old yellow lab, he became the victim of an unprovoked attack by a pit bull terrier which ran out of its owner’s garage and attacked. The dog bit Buddy on the neck, puncturing his skin in several places and also punctured his right rear leg (which became infected). The owner could do nothing to stop his dog. Fearing for Bud’s life, I began punching the dog’s skull, once, then again and again and again, probably eight times, maybe more, until he released his bite.
It confounds me that some people own a dog and have NO CLUE about how to socialize and train their animal. I do not hold the dog responsible for this, the owner is at fault, and it is likely his dog will lose its life because of their ignorance. Buddy, as far as I know, will be fine. He is such a kind soul and undeserving of such a traumatic experience.
And, speaking of assholes: the supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said Wednesday
We agreed to talks with the US only for the nuclear issue…in other areas, we did not allow talks with the US and we will not negotiate with them.”
He also expressed his hope that Israel won’t exist in the near future. “God willing, there will be no such thing as the Zionist regime in 25 years,” he said.
The US is still considered “the Great Satan,” Mr Khamenei said, “we drove it out through the door and we shouldn’t allow it in through the window.” Yes, let’s negotiate with these terrorists. Useless maggots
Have a great weekend…. God bless America!
Buy American made products whenever you can, it’s good for you, good for your friends and neighbors and good for our country.
If you are hiring…try to hire a veteran…. they are loyal, disciplined, hardworking…and they deserve our support.
Remember these tidbits as the election cycle grinds on:
- Fast & Furious-Americans killed by guns supplied to the drug cartels…by the Department of Justice-Eric Holder presiding. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Benghazi: Four Americans killed in an assault described as the result of a viral video. This was proved to be a false narrative. This was in fact, a planned act of terror. The president was clueless. No one even knows where he was as this went down. No one held accountable
- “At this point, what difference does it make?” Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State
- The IRS targeting of conservative groups and individuals. No one held accountable, Lois Lerner is on paid vacation and has refused to testify. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Hillary using a private server for correspondence during her term as Secretary of State against the orders of the president. She thought “it would be more convenient…” Though the records were due when she left office, they were not submitted, subpoenas were issued, which she ignored for two years. Finally, she released 30,000 of some 60,000 alleged emails then she deleted the rest of the emails and will NOT turn over the server for investigation.