US Raw Steel Production Dropped 0.8 Percent Last Week
US raw steel production dropped 0.8 percent last week as mills operated at an ACUR of 75.3 percent. In the corresponding week last year mills operated at an ACUR of 73.7 percent. Thus far this year mills have produced approximately 38,000,000 tons at an ACUR of 72.1 percent down marginally from the approximately 39,000,000 tons produced in the like period last year at an ACUR of 71.8 percent.
Monday was the 72nd anniversary of the D-Day invasion of Europe at Normandy on the French coast. The Nazis would surrender in a year. God bless those who sacrificed during those dark days as they brought the light of freedom to the world. Let us NOT let that light be extinguished.
Rest in Peace Muhammed Ali
Muhammad Ali passed away this weekend at 74 after a long battle with Parkinson’s disease. How I used to enjoy his fights! He truly changed the sport of boxing (then Don King ruined it). I vividly remember listening, with my dad, to the Cassius Clay vs Sonny Liston fight-on the radio way back in the day. He stood 6’3”and packed 240 pounds of solid muscle and truly did “float like a butterfly and sting like a bee…” Rest in Peace
Can We Turn Things Around?
Many of you sportsmen and women know the magazine Field and Stream. They have a Q&A column monthly by David E. Petzal. I read with interest a reader’s question in the May issue:
I have a sinking feeling that the great American Empire is nearing its end. How can we turn things around?”
To which Mr. Petzal answered:
An excellent question, and one that’s being asked by many people recently. All great civilizations come to an end: Egypt, Greece, Rome and Great Britain are now one with Nineveh and Tyre. We are no different. How can we turn things around? We can’t. We’ve been in way too deep for too many years, and the current crop of imbeciles running for the Top Job is guaranteed to finish us off.”
Have we taken too much for granted over the past 200 years? Have we allowed our strength, our strong morals and strong family values, our exceptionalism, our opportunities for our citizenry all disappear into a sea of apathy, of “give me more, no matter the consequence,” of “it’s all about me?” What a sad state of affairs we have put ourselves into, one in which our children, our grandchildren and those that follow will suffer greatly and all this in spite of all the sacrifices in blood and treasure made by our brave men and women over the decades and century’s.
Is it then, really too late to “make America great again?” I do not have the answer. It is the WILL of the PEOPLE that will ultimately answer that question. We all know our current politicians are self-serving sons of bitches who don’t give a good crap about you, me, your family, my family, our country. They care only for themselves and how they can enrich themselves. Things were so good for so long we allowed them to become the cancer they are. WAKE UP AMERICA…
First Woman Presidential Nominee of a Major Political Party
Hillary was all puffed up, arms outstretched like a Caesar in front of her worshippers on Wednesday morning as she made history by becoming the first woman presidential nominee of a major political party in the United States. What a joke! She also the first presidential nominee (male or female) to be under investigation by the FBI and the Department of Justice while running for president. THAT is what should make history, that a known liar, cheater and crook has schemed and pushed her way, stepping on many, to get to this position…and it has been allowed to happen.
So, before the FBI and Department of Justice have rendered a disposition on the Clinton email debacle, the president, on Thursday endorsed Crooked Hillary for the highest office in the land. Is it not a little strange for him to make such an endorsement prior to the end of the criminal investigation? Do you think it possible the game is rigged? That she will never be indicted in spite of the overwhelming evidence that shows her to be guilty of the illegal installation and use of a private server while Secretary of State? The cojones these people have, it is deplorable and simply disgusting.
“MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN”
Have a great weekend…. God bless America!
Buy American made products whenever you can, it’s good for you, good for your friends and neighbors and good for our country.
If you are hiring…try to hire a veteran…. they are loyal, disciplined, hardworking…and they deserve our support.
Remember these tidbits as the election cycle grinds on:
- Fast & Furious-Americans killed by guns supplied to the drug cartels…by the Department of Justice-Eric Holder presiding. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Benghazi: Four Americans killed in an assault described as the result of a viral video. This was proved to be a false narrative. This was in fact, a planned act of terror. The president was clueless. No one even knows where he was as this went down. No one held accountable
- “At this point, what difference does it make?” Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State
- The IRS targeting of conservative groups and individuals. No one held accountable, Lois Lerner is on paid vacation and has refused to testify. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Hillary using a private server for correspondence during her term as Secretary of State against the orders of the president. She thought “it would be more convenient…” Though the records were due when she left office, they were not submitted, subpoenas were issued, which she ignored for two years. Finally, she released 30,000 of some 60,000 alleged emails then she deleted the rest of the emails and will NOT turn over the server for investigation.