US Raw Steel Production Suffered Its Sixth Consecutive Weekly Decline
US raw steel production dropped 1.4 percent last week, its sixth consecutive weekly decline, as mills operated at an ACUR of 67.7 percent. In the corresponding week last year mills operated at an ACUR of 77.2 percent. Thus far this year mills have produced approx. 76,000,000 tons at an ACUR of 72.1 percent. In the like period last year mills produced approx. 83,000,000 tons at an ACUR of 77.8 percent.
Third Republican Debates
The third Republican presidential debates took place on Tuesday evening. It was interesting to hear the policy proposals made by the candidates regarding tax reform, the economy being the main focus of the debates. Finally we heard some substantive questions from the moderators instead of the attempts to cause friction between the candidates by asking totally stupid and irrelevant questions.
In my view, Trump, Rubio and Cruz have risen to the top; Christie stands a chance if he can hang in there. I like Trump, I like Rubio and Christie and I still like Fiorina…she would make a great VP. Cruz just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. Lindsey Graham, George Pataki, Mike Huckabee, John Kasich, Bobby Jindal (I like his positions but think he is un-electable), Rick Santorum, should drop out and direct their efforts behind a candidate who will beat Hillary.
I must say that Trumps’ bashing of Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina yesterday (Thursday) in Iowa was deplorable, childish, unprofessional and lacking in character. Not very presidential. What a fool he is proving himself to be.
University of Missouri
This anarchy going on with our college students is a direct result of excessive demands for political correctness (it is ruining the country) which is the result of excessive liberalism, an outright attack on the 1st amendment of the Constitution. We now have the foxes running the chicken coop. Does that make any sense to you? As this week has progressed, it has been discovered that the issues which caused the resignation of the Missouri president, chancellor and others, were ALL UNTRUE.
The kid who went on a hunger strike? His daddy made $8 million last year in salary as a railroad executive. The child has been in school for 8 years. Do you suppose he is a coddled little sissy? I do. The black gay guy (the homecoming king) who complained of a KKK group on campus? He had to apologize for lying. I understand his daddy is pretty well off too. Talk about racism, what is that but an invitation to unrest? And for a lie no less?? I suspect the racism they are shouting about is in fact created by THEM, no one else. Complaints about undergrads losing their health coverage? Turns out to be the result of the Affordable Care Act. It is ALL BULLSHIT my friends.
That’s all I’ve got this week…enjoy
Have a great weekend…. God bless America!
Buy American made products whenever you can, it’s good for you, good for your friends and neighbors and good for our country.
If you are hiring…try to hire a veteran…. they are loyal, disciplined, hardworking…and they deserve our support.
Remember these tidbits as the election cycle grinds on:
- Fast & Furious-Americans killed by guns supplied to the drug cartels…by the Department of Justice-Eric Holder presiding. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Benghazi: Four Americans killed in an assault described as the result of a viral video. This was proved to be a false narrative. This was in fact, a planned act of terror. The president was clueless. No one even knows where he was as this went down. No one held accountable
- “At this point, what difference does it make?” Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State
- The IRS targeting of conservative groups and individuals. No one held accountable, Lois Lerner is on paid vacation and has refused to testify. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Hillary using a private server for correspondence during her term as Secretary of State against the orders of the president. She thought “it would be more convenient…” Though the records were due when she left office, they were not submitted, subpoenas were issued, which she ignored for two years. Finally, she released 30,000 of some 60,000 alleged emails then she deleted the rest of the emails and will NOT turn over the server for investigation.