US Raw Steel Production Highest Level Since January 2015
US raw steel production rose 1.7 percent last week as mills operated at an ACUR of 75.1 percent. Steel production highest level since January 31, 2015 which was at an ACUR of 75.4 percent. In the corresponding week last year mills operated at an ACUR of 72.1 percent. Thus far this year mills have produced approx. 35,000,000 tons at an ACUR of 71.8 percent, down from the approx 35,600,000 tons produced in the like period last year at an ACUR of 71.6 percent.
The Bureau of Economic Analysis Second Estimate of of First Quarter 2016 GDP Increased
The Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) issued its “second estimate” of first quarter 2016 GDP and reports: the value of goods and services produced by the nation’s economy less the value of the goods and services used up in production, adjusted for price changes, increased at an annual rate of 0.8 percent. Isn’t that just dandy…?
The US Commerce Department April 2016 Advance Report on Durable Goods Manufacturers’ Shipments, Inventories and Orders Indicates Increases
- New orders for manufactured durable goods in April increased 3.4 percent. This increase, up three of the last four months, follows a 1.9 percent March increase.
- Shipments of manufactured durable goods in April, up following two consecutive monthly decreases, increased 0.6 percent following a 0.8 percent March decrease.
- Inventories of manufactured durable goods in April, down nine of the last ten months, decreased 0.2 percent following a March decrease of 0.2 percent.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond Fifth District Survey of Manufacturing Activity for May 2016 Shows Slowing
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond released its Fifth District Survey of Manufacturing Activity for May 2016 and reports manufacturing activity slowed in May. Both shipments and backlogs decreased, order backlogs flattened and manufacturing hiring rose modestly. Despite the soft current conditions, firms remained optimistic about future business conditions.
Drone Strike on Taliban Leader
US drone strikes in Pakistan last week made minced meat out of the Taliban’s leader, Mullah Akhtar Mansour. Pakistan is upset they weren’t notified…big deal. This creep had been executing and planning attacks on US military personnel and installations. Good riddance dirt bag, you are now worm bait.
Last Friday’s Headlines Revisited
It appears I jumped the gun last week regarding the EgyptianAir plane crash and the shooting at the White House. I had reported to you based on information available at the time…I apologize. As of now, thinking is there may have been a fire or other mechanical malfunction on the airplane to cause the crash. Time will tell. The shooting at the White House was NOT on the grounds, but outside. The individual I reported as in critical condition, was in fact the gun wielding lunatic who was shot by a Secret Service agent after ignoring orders to drop his weapon.
Trump Protests Turn Violent in New Mexico
The lefties executed violent protests at a Trump rally in New Mexico this week. Watching the news of this activity makes me wonder: what am I watching and where is this happening? Venezuela? Greece? Iraq? Syria? People rioting in the streets? In America?? Is the entitlement state so close to becoming a reality in the United States of America?
The TSA is a glaring example of the governments’ inability to run a business, much like the postal service. Both are government behemoths sucking money out of the treasury with the ROI being non-existent or negligible. But no, the left wants the government to take care of everything, which is a recipe for disaster.
Did you hear that lying bitch Elizabeth Warren’s tirade against Donald Trump this week over his opinion that he would take advantage of a burst housing bubble in order to make more money? Buy low, sell high. Has she ever heard that axiom? I think so, as SHE has done the same thing; buying distressed properties and selling them for a profit. “Money grubber?” She is a multi-millionaire, how did that happen? She has not done anything worthy of wealth like that. Re-distribute HER money and the hundreds of millions of dollars of Clinton money. What a liar and an absolute bag of wind.
Trump Secures Republican Nomination
So, what would not happen has happened…Donald Trump has secured the required number of delegates to win the Republican nomination for President of the United States. Now he moves forward to take on Hillary.
Speaking of Hillary, she was lambasted by a government watchdog. State Department Inspector General, Steve Linick, in a report sent to Congress on Wednesday, sharply criticized Mrs. Clinton’s use of a private email server as a breach of record-keeping rules.
State Department employees must use agency-authorized information systems to conduct normal day-to-day operations because the use of non-departmental systems creates significant security risks.”
“MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN”
Have a great weekend…. God bless America!
Buy American made products whenever you can, it’s good for you, good for your friends and neighbors and good for our country.
If you are hiring…try to hire a veteran…. they are loyal, disciplined, hardworking…and they deserve our support.
Remember these tidbits as the election cycle grinds on:
- Fast & Furious-Americans killed by guns supplied to the drug cartels…by the Department of Justice-Eric Holder presiding. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Benghazi: Four Americans killed in an assault described as the result of a viral video. This was proved to be a false narrative. This was in fact, a planned act of terror. The president was clueless. No one even knows where he was as this went down. No one held accountable
- “At this point, what difference does it make?” Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State
- The IRS targeting of conservative groups and individuals. No one held accountable, Lois Lerner is on paid vacation and has refused to testify. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Hillary using a private server for correspondence during her term as Secretary of State against the orders of the president. She thought “it would be more convenient…” Though the records were due when she left office, they were not submitted, subpoenas were issued, which she ignored for two years. Finally, she released 30,000 of some 60,000 alleged emails then she deleted the rest of the emails and will NOT turn over the server for investigation.