The Chicago Business Barometer Increased to Highest Level Since January
Led by strong gains in both Production and New Orders the Chicago Business Barometer increased 7.5 points to 56.2 in October from 48.7 in September. The sharp increase in the Barometer pushed it to its highest level since January and marks a promising start to the fourth quarter.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Texas Manufacturing Outlook Survey for October
Texas factory activity increased in October after nine months of flat or declining output, according to business executives responding to the survey… The Production Index, a key measure of state manufacturing conditions, rose for the first month of output growth this year… Some other indexes of current manufacturing activity also reflected growth in October but the survey’s demand measures remained in negative territory…perceptions of broader business conditions remained weak in October.”
U.S. Raw Steel Output
US raw steel output dropped 0.5 percent, its 4th consecutive decline, as mills operated at an ACUR of 69.7 percent. In the corresponding week last year mills operated at an ACUR of 76.5 percent. On the year, mills have produced approx. 73,000,000 tons at an ACUR of 72.3 percent, down from the approx. 79,000,000 tons produced in the like period last year, at an ACUR of 77.8 percent.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond Fifth District Survey of Manufacturing
Activity remained soft in October. Order backlogs and shipments declined while new orders leveled off. Manufacturers looked for better business conditions during the next six months, expecting faster growth in shipments and in the volume of new orders over the 6 month period.
The US Department of Commerce Advance Report on Durable Goods Manufacturers’ Shipments, Inventories and Orders for September 2015:
- New orders for manufactured durable goods in September decreased 1.2 percent. This decrease, down two consecutive months, followed a 3.0 percent August decrease.
- Shipments of manufactured durable goods in September, up three of the last four months, increased 0.2 percent.
- Inventories of manufactured durable goods in September, down four of the last five months, decreased 0.3 percent following a 0.2 percent August decrease.9
Bureau of Economic Analysis
Real gross domestic product-the value of goods and services produced by the nation’s economy less the value of goods and services used up in production, adjusted for price changes-increased at an annual rate of 1.5 percent in the third quarter of 2015 according to the “advance” estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis. As usual, there will be two more revisions over the next two months as more information is received. The “second” estimate will be released on November 24, 2015.
Though this is not a good report, the growth rate remains in positive territory for the year, averaging 2.00 percent for the three quarters.
The Benghazi investigation was last week. Although it has been determined that Hillary lied to the American people (emails were found from Hillary to her daughter, shortly after the video announcement, stating that it was a planned attack by Al Qaeda associates) the democrats refuse to report the fact; they all believe Hillary did a wonderful job throughout the 11 hours of questioning and have no problem reporting that…as untrue as it is. If the American people elect this bitch to be president, our Republic is doomed to a downward spiral we may well be unable to reverse.
The Republican debates on Wednesday were a joke. Moderated by three liberals who were hell bent on causing friction between the candidates, there was little of substance revealed aside from each candidates’ tax code reform plans. They were not permitted to outline their policy ideas as no pertinent questions were asked. Both Ted Cruz and Chris Christie did admirable jobs of humiliating the moderators for asking stupid questions in light of the tremendous problems we face as a nation. The moderators and whoever instructed them to behave as they did are all idiots. Letting your personal politics, not the good of the United States and her people, dictate the way you do your job, you have failed at that job. Shame on all of them.
I like Trump, Carson, Christie and Rubio. Ted Cruz is not on my radar at this time.
US Special Ops Deployed
Here we go again; on Friday the White House approved the deployment of small teams of US Special Ops forces (numbering 50 at this time, that will scare them for sure) to northeastern Syria, expanding America’s role on the ground in support of local fighters against Islamic state. You have all heard the president say-several times-“there will be no American boots on the ground in Syria”…We need to finish this job and not take half ass measures, exactly like this, which are NOT designed to bring complete and total victory. I’m tired of this leading from behind crap. The president chose not to tell us himself that he is sending our men and women into harm’s way, no, he sent out that tool, Josh Earnest. What an unbelievable lack of character.
The Republicans have given up a main talking point in this presidential campaign against the democrats by agreeing to sign off on a budget bill increasing the debt limit by some $85 billion over the next two years. This effectively makes conservatives complicit in the out of control spending going on. How can you call your opponents the party of “tax and spend” when you sign on to a bill doing just that? What a bunch of knuckleheads.
STOP BUYING CHINESE GOODS…
Have a great weekend…. God bless America!
Buy American made products whenever you can, it’s good for you, good for your friends and neighbors and good for our country.
If you are hiring…try to hire a veteran…. they are loyal, disciplined, hardworking…and they deserve our support.
Remember these tidbits as the election cycle grinds on:
- Fast & Furious-Americans killed by guns supplied to the drug cartels…by the Department of Justice-Eric Holder presiding. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Benghazi: Four Americans killed in an assault described as the result of a viral video. This was proved to be a false narrative. This was in fact, a planned act of terror. The president was clueless. No one even knows where he was as this went down. No one held accountable
- “At this point, what difference does it make?” Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State
- The IRS targeting of conservative groups and individuals. No one held accountable, Lois Lerner is on paid vacation and has refused to testify. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Hillary using a private server for correspondence during her term as Secretary of State against the orders of the president. She thought “it would be more convenient…” Though the records were due when she left office, they were not submitted, subpoenas were issued, which she ignored for two years. Finally, she released 30,000 of some 60,000 alleged emails then she deleted the rest of the emails and will NOT turn over the server for investigation.