Manufacturers Anticipate Robust Business Conditions During the Next Six Months
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond released its Fifth District Survey of Manufacturing activity and reports that manufacturing activity expanded in March. Both shipments and the volume of new orders increased…Manufacturers anticipate robust business conditions during the next six months.
Chicago Fed National Activity Index Fell to -0.29 in February
Led by declines in production related indicators, the Chicago Fed National Activity Index (CFNAI) fell to -0.29 in February from +0.41 in January.
The index’s three month moving average (CFNAI-MA3) edged up to -0.07 in February from -0.12 in January. February’s CFNAI-MA3 suggests growth in national economic activity was slightly below its historical trend.
US Raw Steel Production Dropped 3.1 Percent from the Previous Week
US raw steel production dropped 3.1 percent from the previous week as mills operated at an ACUR of 71.3 percent. In the corresponding week last year mills operated at an ACUR of 67.7 percent. Thus far this year mills have produced approx. 19,855,000 tons of steel at an ACUR of 70.2 percent down from the approx. 20,678,000 tons produced in the like period last year at an ACUR of 72.1 percent.
US Department of Commerce Advance Report on Durable Goods Manufacturers for February:
- New orders for manufactured durable goods in February decreased 2.8 percent, following a 4.2 percent January increase.
- Shipments of manufactured durable goods in February, down two of the last three months, decreased 0.9 percent
- Inventories of manufactured durable goods in February, down seven of the last eight months, decreased 0.3 percent.
Tuesday: Bombs ripped through Brussels, Belgium at the American Airlines check-in area of the Brussels International Airport and in a nearby subway station near European Union institutions.
Shots were fired, Arabic phrases were shouted just prior to the explosion at the airport, set off by a suicide bomber. As of this writing, 34 are dead and dozens of others injured.
Let’s just let the refugees pour into the United States…NOT. I agree with Donald Trump, we cannot permit Muslims into this country without a thorough and proper vetting. This is not racist, it is not anti-Muslim. It IS about the safety of the American people, our buildings and other infrastructure these vermin are bent on destroying.
Have a great weekend…. God bless America!
Buy American made products whenever you can, it’s good for you, good for your friends and neighbors and good for our country.
If you are hiring…try to hire a veteran…. they are loyal, disciplined, hardworking…and they deserve our support.
Remember these tidbits as the election cycle grinds on:
- Fast & Furious-Americans killed by guns supplied to the drug cartels…by the Department of Justice-Eric Holder presiding. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Benghazi: Four Americans killed in an assault described as the result of a viral video. This was proved to be a false narrative. This was in fact, a planned act of terror. The president was clueless. No one even knows where he was as this went down. No one held accountable
- “At this point, what difference does it make?” Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State
- The IRS targeting of conservative groups and individuals. No one held accountable, Lois Lerner is on paid vacation and has refused to testify. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Hillary using a private server for correspondence during her term as Secretary of State against the orders of the president. She thought “it would be more convenient…” Though the records were due when she left office, they were not submitted, subpoenas were issued, which she ignored for two years. Finally, she released 30,000 of some 60,000 alleged emails then she deleted the rest of the emails and will NOT turn over the server for investigation.