US Raw Steel Production Rose 2.9% Last Week
US raw steel production rose 2.9 percent last week as mills operated at an ACUR of 73.6 percent. In the corresponding week last year mills operated at an ACUR of 67.7 percent. On the year mills have produced approx. 18,000,000 tons of steel at an ACUR of 70.1 percent, below the approx. 19,000,000 tons produced in the like period last year at an ACUR of 72.1 percent.
February 2016 Empire State Manufacturing Survey Indicates Continuing Decline
The February 2016 Empire State Manufacturing Survey indicates that business activity continued to decline for New York manufacturers. The headline general business conditions index edged up but still remained firmly in negative territory.
Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia Manufacturing Business Outlook Survey Reports First Positive Reading in 7 Months
The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia released its Manufacturing Business Outlook Survey and reports that respondents to the survey reported an improvement in business conditions this month. The indicator for general activity rose sharply in March to its first positive reading in seven months.
Friday Mr. Trump attempted to have a rally in Chicago. Protesters were out in force, in some instances there was violence. The rally was cancelled.
In Ohio, a protester jumped up on stage where Mr. Trump was speaking. He was immediately surrounded by secret service agents while the protester was subdued.
It is a First Amendment right to peacefully protest whatever you wish. It is not a right to disrupt and halt the rights of others to exercise THEIR right to free speech. It appears many of these protesters are being encouraged and paid, by liberal political groups (moveon.org) to protest.
Racism, Immigration & Change
They charge Trump with being a racist? Why? Because he wants middle eastern refugees to be thoroughly vetted PRIOR to being allowed refuge in our country. It is not racist. It is wise in light of what’s happening in the world today.
Racist against 11,000,000 people residing in our country illegally? Taking government funds, taking American jobs? I think not. America welcomes LEGAL immigrants, that is our history. It is not racist, it is what is right. My grandfather and grandmother took their turn in line in the early 1900’s; my mother proudly took her turn in line after WWII. If you want to live here, get in line, do it legally, become an American.
The vile charges aimed at Trump, coming from both the left and the right, confirms just how afraid they are of him. Racist? Nazi? Hitler like? Misogynist? Where does this crap come from? Outright lies and political spin like this serve only to confuse the electorate…and it works, but it is bad when you spew falsehoods, create unwarranted fear and confusion. This is not American, it is communist, dictatorial.
Can you tell me what is wrong with following goals for positive change?
Protect and defend the US Constitution…Yes
Secure our borders…Yes
A strong military…Yes
Proper care for our Veterans…Yes
Get rid of common core…Yes
Support our police and law enforcement personnel…Yes
Reform the tax code…Yes
Lower taxes on business and individuals…Yes
Less government regulation…Yes
What’s not to like or support??
Paris Terrorist Arrested in Belgium
Authorities in Belgium on Friday arrested the only accused perpetrator of the November Paris attacks which killed 129 innocent people. The piece of crap has been the subject of a worldwide manhunt since then. Good, you’ve got him, now fry him, or skin him, or shoot him…but waterboard him first. I’m sure he is a punk and will squeal information like a stuck pig. He is certainly unworthy of the expense of a trial.
Have a great weekend…. God bless America!
Buy American made products whenever you can, it’s good for you, good for your friends and neighbors and good for our country.
If you are hiring…try to hire a veteran…. they are loyal, disciplined, hardworking…and they deserve our support.
Remember these tidbits as the election cycle grinds on:
- Fast & Furious-Americans killed by guns supplied to the drug cartels…by the Department of Justice-Eric Holder presiding. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Benghazi: Four Americans killed in an assault described as the result of a viral video. This was proved to be a false narrative. This was in fact, a planned act of terror. The president was clueless. No one even knows where he was as this went down. No one held accountable
- “At this point, what difference does it make?” Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State
- The IRS targeting of conservative groups and individuals. No one held accountable, Lois Lerner is on paid vacation and has refused to testify. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Hillary using a private server for correspondence during her term as Secretary of State against the orders of the president. She thought “it would be more convenient…” Though the records were due when she left office, they were not submitted, subpoenas were issued, which she ignored for two years. Finally, she released 30,000 of some 60,000 alleged emails then she deleted the rest of the emails and will NOT turn over the server for investigation.