Industrial Production Increased in July
Industrial production increased 0.6 percent in July after moving up 0.1 percent in June. In July, manufacturing output advanced 0.8 percent primarily because of an increase in motor vehicle assemblies. The output of motor vehicles and parts jumped 10.6 percent and production elsewhere in manufacturing edged up.
The index for mining rose 0.2 percent while the index for utilities fell 1.0 percent. At 107.5 percent of its 2012 average, total industrial production in July was 1.3 percent above its year earlier level.”
America Exports Oil
Oil companies eager to export American crude oil have scored a major victory, winning the right to trade US oil with Mexico in a further erosion of the nation’s 4 decade ban on domestic crude exports…as the US begins to thaw a policy dating from the Arab oil embargo of the 1970’s that prohibited overseas sales of domestic oil.
US Raw Steel Production
US raw steel production dropped 0.2 percent last week as mills operated at an ACUR of 73.4 percent. In the corresponding week last year mills operated at an ACUR of 80.2 percent. On the year, mills have produced 54,000,000 tons at an ACUR of 72.5 percent. For the same period last year mills produced 58,500,000 tons at an ACUR of 78.0 percent.
August 14, 1945 V-J Day 70 years ago today, ending the war with Japan. Terms of surrender were signed on September 2, 1945 on the USS Missouri.
The three US Marines (now retired) who lowered the flag at the American Embassy in Havana in 1961 helped raise the Stars and Stripes once again Friday…as the US and Cuba officially restored diplomatic ties last month. Friday’s flag raising ceremony marks the symbolic start of a new chapter in the two nations’ relations with flags now flying once again in both countries after 54 years. Good? Bad?
The Chinese have devalued the yuan which will make the export of their crap products even cheaper than they are now. The stock market tanked 212 points on the news and the move may also complicate the Fed’s decision of when to raise rates.
The Wall Street Journal reports on 8/14 that “Islamic state militants likely used mustard agent against Kurdish forces in Iraq this week.”
Hillary & The New College Compact
In her attempt to garner more votes,
Hillary Clinton is proposing an expansive program aimed at enabling students to attend public colleges and universities without taking on loans for tuition. Dubbed the “New College Compact” it is estimated to cost $350 billion over 10 years. Free college is a nice idea but who in the hell is going to pay for it? The campaign said it would be paid for by limiting deductions for upper-income tax filers, which president Obama has repeatedly proposed without success.”
That’s a crock, the country is $18 trillion in debt and can pay for nothing without borrowing more money, money we don’t have. Who is going to define “upper-income tax filers”? Where does pandering for votes stop? Free college, free phones, free welfare (for those who abuse), free healthcare (for those who abuse), free disability (for those who abuse), let criminals out of jail…and on and on-all to garner votes.
The Republic created some 239 years ago was created with the idea that we would provide people equal opportunity to succeed, to create wealth for themselves, to be personally responsible for their own well-being, their success-or failure-in life. This socialist bullshit DOES NOT WORK in the long run. Why? Because you run out of other peoples’ money. Enough of this crap already. We have had nearly 8 years of the current “progressive” agenda. Where has it gotten this country and its people? In a world of shit, that’s where.
Anyway, our colleges are making a fortune, the deans and the professors are making a fortune, those in the teachers union make a tidy sum as well. LOWER the cost of education at those levels. There is plenty of waste which can be used to create an affordable education system for our youth, the leaders and business men and women of tomorrow.
Hillary Clinton has decided to turn over her private email server to federal authorities-after the request was made some 20 months ago. I am not tech savvy, but how much of the information on the server could be forever sanitized, never to be seen, over this period of time?
Have a great weekend…. God bless America!
Buy American made products whenever you can, it’s good for you, good for your friends and neighbors and good for our country.
If you are hiring…try to hire a veteran…. they are loyal, disciplined, hardworking…and they deserve our support.
Remember these tidbits as the election cycle grinds on:
- Fast & Furious-Americans killed by guns supplied to the drug cartels…by the Department of Justice-Eric Holder presiding. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Benghazi: Four Americans killed in an assault described as the result of a viral video. This was proved to be a false narrative. This was in fact, a planned act of terror. The president was clueless. No one even knows where he was as this went down. No one held accountable
- “At this point, what difference does it make?” Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State
- The IRS targeting of conservative groups and individuals. No one held accountable, Lois Lerner is on paid vacation and has refused to testify. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Hillary using a private server for correspondence during her term as Secretary of State against the orders of the president. She thought “it would be more convenient…” Though the records were due when she left office, they were not submitted, subpoenas were issued, which she ignored for two years. Finally, she released 30,000 of some 60,000 alleged emails then she deleted the rest of the emails and will NOT turn over the server for investigation.