CFSBC Manufacturing Activity Index rose to +23 from -19
The Chicago Fed Survey of Business Conditions (CFSBC) activity index increased to -4 from -20 in March, picking up at a moderate pace. The CFSBC Manufacturing Activity Index rose to +23 from -19.
Business Activity for New York Manufacturers Expanded in April
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York released its Empire State Manufacturing Survey and reports that business activity for New York manufacturers expanded in April. The six month outlook continued to improve with the index for future business conditions rising for the third straight month.
U.S. Raw Steel Production Rose Last Week
US raw steel production rose 0.4 percent last week as mills operated at an ACUR of 70.8 percent. In the corresponding week last year mills operated at an ACUR of 69.8 percent. On the year mills have produced approx. 25,000,000 tons at an ACUR of 70.4 percent, down from the approx. 26,000,000 tons produced in the like period last year at an ACUR of 71.5 percent.
Boeing to Sell to Iran
It was announced Tuesday that Boeing is in talks with Iran to sell them airliners. I guess this is over my head, but what the hell are we doing by aiding the enemy? The number one terrorist state on the planet. Instead of strangling them, we are enabling them. Makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.
Trump vs The Establishment
Donald Trump dropped the ball last week by not pursuing a strategy to gain delegate votes in Colorado. They all went to Cruz who DID have a Colorado strategy. The rules were instituted and have been public knowledge since last August (and may have been created to thwart Trump’s building momentum) but this did not stop Mr. Trump from loudly calling the system rigged, which it is.
How is it even remotely possible that in this country, the votes of the people are neutered by bought and paid for delegates? That is not our democracy in action. The “elites” or “establishment” clubs (and that is what they are-clubs), of both parties, are horrified that a Trump presidential victory will de-rail their ongoing gravy train. I hope he wins and I hope he does upset the apple cart.
“…Of the people, by the people and for the people”…sound familiar? What happened to that? It has been prostituted for the benefit of the so called “elites” and “establishment.” Both parties are guilty of this. It has been going on for so long, why do we now experience such animosity toward them? I have said it before, a strong middle class, the historic buffer between the elites and the poor, has been effectively destroyed, especially over the last 8 years, hence, the middle class have joined the poor…and they are pissed off. That is why “outsiders” are “in” this current political season. It is time for a big change. Let us move forward to “Make America Great Again…”
Death to Coal
The Democratic rush to destroy the American coal mining industry is succeeding quite well for them. On Wednesday, Peabody Energy filed for Chapter 11 protection. Peabody was the largest miner in the United States. Other companies who have filed include Arch Coal, Alpha Natural Resources, Patriot Coal and Walter energy. These companies have lost a combined $30 billion in stock market value since 2010 and the coal sector has lost 31,000 jobs since 2009. No large publicly listed US coal miner has been spared by the forces crushing the coal industry, which include the decline in steel production, the conversion of coal-fired power plants to natural gas. From an article in the 4/14 issue of the WSJ
Russian Aircrafts Buzz US Navy Destroyer
On Thursday, WSJ reported Russian warplanes and a military helicopter had buzzed a US Navy destroyer in the Baltic Sea two days this week. Images released by the US showed the Russian aircraft streaking within yards of the USS Donald Cook, then circled the bow of the ship in what a US official said was an unmistakable attempt to harass the vessel and its crew. Good old Vlad up to no good…again.
“MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN”
Have a great weekend…. God bless America!
Buy American made products whenever you can, it’s good for you, good for your friends and neighbors and good for our country.
If you are hiring…try to hire a veteran…. they are loyal, disciplined, hardworking…and they deserve our support.
Remember these tidbits as the election cycle grinds on:
- Fast & Furious-Americans killed by guns supplied to the drug cartels…by the Department of Justice-Eric Holder presiding. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Benghazi: Four Americans killed in an assault described as the result of a viral video. This was proved to be a false narrative. This was in fact, a planned act of terror. The president was clueless. No one even knows where he was as this went down. No one held accountable
- “At this point, what difference does it make?” Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State
- The IRS targeting of conservative groups and individuals. No one held accountable, Lois Lerner is on paid vacation and has refused to testify. The president was clueless. No one held accountable
- Hillary using a private server for correspondence during her term as Secretary of State against the orders of the president. She thought “it would be more convenient…” Though the records were due when she left office, they were not submitted, subpoenas were issued, which she ignored for two years. Finally, she released 30,000 of some 60,000 alleged emails then she deleted the rest of the emails and will NOT turn over the server for investigation.