Led by gains in employment and production related indicators, the Chicago Fed National Activity Index (CFNAI) increased to +0.60 in November from -0.07 in October.
Topping a historical trend
The index’s three month moving average (CFNAI-MA3) increased to +0.25 in November from +0.12 in October, marking its second consecutive reading above zero and its highest reading since February 2012. November’s CFNAI-MA3 suggests that growth in national economic activity was above its historical trend.
Check the graph at www.chicagofed.org to see how continued readings above the historical trend line correspond with robust economic conditions, something we have all been waiting for. It gets very tiring slugging it out day after day, month after month, year after year under the conditions we have had.
Operating a successful and profitable business is never a walk in the park, even under the best of conditions, operating in the same manner while fighting your government which seems to be anti-business, with its overly high tax rates and crushing regulations, just makes it more difficult. Let’s hope we get a breather for awhile….. Though I do not see any necessary reform(s) coming out of Washington.
- New orders for manufactured durable goods in November increased 3.5 percent. This increase, up three of the last four months followed an October decline of 0.7 percent.
- Shipments of manufactured durable goods in November, up four consecutive months, increased 1.8 percent.
- Unfilled orders for manufactured durable goods in November, up nine of the last ten months, increased 1.0 percent.
- Inventories of manufactured durable goods in November, up seven of the last eight months increased 0.3 percent.
And that’s the way it is….
Have a great weekend, I hope your Christmas Holiday was an enjoyable one and as we look forward to the coming New Year, I pray for peace, good health and prosperity.
- Fast & Furious-providing weapons to criminals leading to a loss of American life. No one held accountable. The president was unaware.
- The loss of 4 American lives at our embassy in Benghazi, Libya. No one held accountable. The president was unaware.
- The IRS targeting conservative political groups for tax-exempt status. No one held accountable. The president was unaware.
- The National Security Administration eavesdropping on the phone calls of American citizens. No one held accountable. The president was unaware.
- The software program created for the Affordable Healthcare Act, at a cost of $650 million (thus far) and 3 ½ years to “perfect”, has been unusable to the American people. No one held accountable. The president was unaware.
- Spying on our Allies, specifically Angela Merkel of Germany. No one held accountable. The president was unaware. (Although these things go on knowingly between countries all the time, the fact that our president denies knowledge of this is just another sign of his incompetence as the leader of the most powerful country on the planet)
Have a great weekend and….
Hug your children and grandchildren, tell them you love them.
Buy American made products whenever you can.
Hire a Veteran: they are patriots, honest, hard working, disciplined, loyal and …. They need and deserve our support.
Happy New Year……
God Bless America